Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A blog in pictures

I have been really behind on posting blogs recently and decided it'd be faster to post some pictures from the past few weeks. Most of the pictures are from Dia dos professores (Teacher's day) on October 12th. I hope to have some free time this weekend and a break from grading to write another blog post. Until then here are some pictures from the past few weeks. :)


At the dinner with Irma Rita, a professor's wife, Professor Filomino and one of my students, Hostalina. Hostalina taught me how to dance Mozambican style...maybe when I COS I'll be a better dancer :)


At the praça for Teacher's day a school gymnastic group performed and this was just one of their stunts. 


 Mozambicans love to dance. Here are most of my colleagues showing off their dance moves.

For Teacher's day we had a big dinner and party. Somehow I was given the cake cutting job--which apparently was a big deal. It was a really nice time to hang out with the other professors.


National Anthem ceremony at the closest praça (about 25 minutes away)

Some of the professors, Irma Rita and I at the Teacher's Day ceremony. 

Our local praça/Administrative offices where the Teacher's Day ceremony was held.


A church I visited when I was in Carapira. It is gorgeous inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment