Tuesday, September 23, 2014

An update through pictures

I haven't had a chance to sit down and write a blog post for awhile so I decided to post some pictures from the last month instead. After this week life will slow down a bit and I'm hoping to write another post. 

At the beginning of September our Moz 19 group of PCVs (peace corps volunteers) had our COS (Close of Service Conference). Here are some pictures of my Peace Corps family :) 


Anna B & I 


Jamie, Casey, Me, Hannah and Nick


Pam, Me and Jennea

Ryan, Anna and Taylor

Hannah and I 

Jamie B and I 

Stephen, Me and Anna


Jamie, Me and Kevin G

Custodio (PC staff) and Sam


Victor and I 


Heather and I 


Tram and I


From Left to Right: Anneke, Cheyanne, Hannah, Karina, Jamie B, Jennea, Me and Anna B


After getting back from COS conference Irma Rita and I finished decorating the library! We're currently in the process of painting the name of the library outside the classroom (pictures to come after we finish).



Some 7th graders enjoying the library and putting together the foam puzzles 

Quiet reading time :) 

Irma Rita and our Alphabet poster







The primary school's pedagogical director using the library books! 




Using the letter cards to spell their names :) 


Now there are some random pictures from the last few weeks--the neighborhood crianças, my empregada and Classroom pictures

My empregada showing off how she carries her things home after working. 

One of my students that I've had both years, Klisman, and I.


My favorite criança, Anu :) 


Another one of my students I've had both years, Jorge, and I

Arielle and Anu 

The crianças came over to dance and take pictures :) 

Arielle, a health PCV, came to Nacuxa last week to give Sexual Education talks to all my classes. It went really well and she gave great lessons! 

This weekend after it had been sprinkling for a bit I went outside and saw this double rainbow. Love the beautiful scenery here and these special moments :) 

On Saturday is the English Theater competition in Nacala so we have rehearsals every day trying to prepare. Thankfully this Thursday is a holiday so no classes! I'm excited to relax and hopefully get some of my COS paperwork finished! More pictures to come next week after English Theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment