Friday, October 31, 2014

Final Pictures of Nacuxa

As my COS (Close of Service) date fast approaches I'm trying to soak in everything about my community here in Nacuxa. I took pictures on my way to the market last week so I can show you what it's like food shopping. It's just a bit different than going to your local walmart or hy-vee. :) I also had my last classes this week so I took pictures of all my students. I only have a week left at site and I'm trying to despedir (say goodbye) to all my friends and colleagues and organize my house for the next PCV coming in December. I won't have time for many more blog posts so these will probably be the last pictures for now. I will write one more blog next week before I leave site. I can't believe it's been over 2 years...it seems like just yesterday I was in Namaacha learning Portuguese and eating Matapa for the first time.

One of the houses I see on my way to the market. 

My walk to get food...so different than driving on 90th to Hy-vee :) 

Another house on the market path

How you buy clothes in Mozambique--you really have to be patient and look through things. 

Selling capulanas at the market on Fridays

The owners of this small store. I buy oil, potatoes and rice from them. 


Our library sign is looking good...hopefully it'll be finished soon.

My Peace Corps motivational wall by my door that I look at everyday.

2nd level, Class C 

1st level, Class A

1st level, Class B


1st level, Class C

2nd level, Class D 

Me and Ruth, one of the students in the 1st level class.

No comments:

Post a Comment