Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Packing. Repacking. Weighing. Packing More.

Less than a week left and I have one bag packed! I know that doesn't sound too good but I don't have the best track record of packing early. I'll give you an example...the night before moving to Missouri for college I had not packed ANY of my clothes. Thank goodness one of my best friends came over and with some motivation we packed everything up in a few hours. So, having packed 1 out of the 2 checked bags I feel pretty accomplished. 

With a 50lb bag limit I was a little worried how I was going to fit everything. But with help from my grandma and mom we took everything out of boxes and put them in ziploc bags in order to get the air out and create more space. Below is a picture of everything I had to pack...well everything but the clothes. :) 

Surprisingly I fit all this plus my clothes! (Couldn't have done it without my wonderful mom and Sittee!)

One more bag to pack and lots of things to cross off on my to-do list before I board the plane. I'm getting so excited, nervous, happy, sad, and am feeling much more prepared now that I'm almost done packing! Now I just have to hope that they don't weigh my carry-on bags since I'm stuffing a lot of stuff in there! :) 


Quick Portuguese lesson: 
Eu sou Voluntário do Corpo da Paz. 
I'm a Peace Corps volunteer. 

So excited that I can finally say that! I'm going to miss my family and friends so much while I'm gone but I'm excited to be making a change in the world. 

Love you guys! 







No comments:

Post a Comment